I have a major sweet tooth and I love carbs. Bread is amazing, but banana bread is LIFE.
“I love bread!”
The other day, I had three seriously brown bananas. Because of my whole “no food waste” policy, it was time to make some of my famous strawberry banana protein bread. Did I have strawberries? No. But, I did have some freeze dried mango. Hmmm.
The freeze dried mango was an AMAZING idea.
It’s banana bread with a subtle tropical flavor that takes you straight to your favorite beach. I really wanted the flavor to be subtle but permeate throughout every slice of this banana bread. I took a 1/4 Cup of the freeze dried mango and beat it with a rolling pin to turn it into a powder.
You could definitely use the whole chunks as well. Personally I’ve never been one for the texture of moist fruit in my bread, that’s why I chose the “powder” it instead. (The freeze dried mango will become moist and taste similar to fresh mango chunks when done baking if it is not pulverized into powder)
I received the freeze dried mango as a gift, but because of how amazing this recipe turned out I might be adding it to my regular grocery shopping list.
Comment below and let me know what you guys think! If you decide to make it at home, Instagram it and use #saladsandselfies or tag me @saladsandselfies
I was really appreciative of all the positive feedback I received Sunday when I first posted about this recipe on my Instagram account.
Strawberry Mango Banana Protein Bread
By June 12, 2017Published:
- Yield: 1 Loaf
Clean eating banana bread with a subtle tropical twist. It's delicious for breakfast warmed with some grass-fed butter or as a snack throughout the day.
- 1 C Almond Flour
- 1/4 C Strawberry Protein Powder (I get Gold Standard from Costco or Amazon)
- 3 Mashed Bananas Make sure they're very ripe
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 C Freeze Dried Mangos Crushed into Powder (or whole, your choice)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the mashed bananas and eggs.
- Add the protein powder and mango. Mix.
- Add the almond flour and baking soda. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased bread pan. I use coconut oil to grease it.
- Place in the oven and bake 35-45 minutes. Until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cuisine: American